ICOM R2500

The place to chat about using the BaseStation / SBS systems, ask questions, and to post any tips, tricks or stories about how you've used it. We'd also like to hear any suggestions you have for new functionality which we can add to the system.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

bugs

ICOM R2500

Postby bugs » January 30th, 2007, 2:47 pm

Hi Forum...
I´m about to buy one of those...and yes, already emaild ML&S, if their SBS-interface supports this machine.
Question here is, if somebody already has experiences with that thing.
Regards,
bugs, EDDH

neil

Postby neil » April 10th, 2007, 4:31 pm

Yep,

have used it sucessfully since July 2006.
Having problems with the radio interface now with my laptop but I am sure this is of a temporary nature- I have upgraded the Basestation software etc.
I am sure however, that since your posting you have bought something.
Did you get the 2500 and if so how are you getting on with it?

Neil

bugs

Postby bugs » April 10th, 2007, 4:42 pm

Hi Neil,

indeed I bought a used R2500 meaqnwhile and am very satisfied, although I am probably not expert enough to make full use of its capabilities...ie... I am looking for a way to use COAA shipplotter, but that proggie needs a discriminator exit...and I am not sure if ther is such a thing onthe R2500, as its not being described like that in the manual.

Rgds,

Oli

neil

Postby neil » April 10th, 2007, 9:56 pm

Hello,
never heard of a COAA shipplotter-but hardly anything sails up the Manchester Ship Canal these days!!!
Like most gadgets these days, you will use less than 50% of the features.
It is certainly not a deaf rig.

Enjoy,

Neil

henriv

Postby henriv » September 7th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Bugs,
My PCR1500 has a packet output. Not sure about the PCR 2500. From what I understood of the ship/planeplotter documentation that connection is usable for input.

Quote from the shipplotter Webpage:
A number of ShipPlotter users are successfully using the general coverage Icom IC-PCR1500 receiver. This receiver has a data port output which can be connected directly to the Line-In port of a PC running ShipPlotter.
End quote

I am unable to test this at the moment, but as soon I have done so I will post the results...

..H

Return to “Discussion”