Screenshots - how to post in Forum

The place to chat about using the BaseStation / SBS systems, ask questions, and to post any tips, tricks or stories about how you've used it. We'd also like to hear any suggestions you have for new functionality which we can add to the system.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

Roadrunner

Screenshots - how to post in Forum

Postby Roadrunner » June 21st, 2007, 1:20 pm

Can anyone please point me in the right direction of any thread about how to get a screen image and post in the forum. Have spent some time looking through the forum and haven't found anything yet :(
Beep-Beep

MikeC

Re: Screen dumps to use in Forum

Postby MikeC » June 21st, 2007, 1:28 pm

Roadrunner wrote:Can anyone please point me in the right direction of any thread about how to get a screen image and post in the forum. Have spent some time looking through the forum and haven't found anything yet :(
Are you wanting to know:

1. How to capture a screen image?
2. How to post it on the forum?

There are lots of tools to capture images and Control C (or Edit, Copy Radar Screen) in Basestation will capture and paste the radar screen to Windows Clipboard. I use HyperSnap for business and pleasure!

Once you have an image, you have to use an image hosting service such as http://tinypic.com/. Just upload the image and paste the link into the Forum message. Use Preview to see if you've used the correct link.

HTH?

MikeC

bones

Postby bones » June 21st, 2007, 3:51 pm

There are a few threads that discuss this but it is worth repeating the process.

Screenshots can be captured by a number of utilities but the PrtScrn key works fine as long as you have a program to paste the data in to.

Paint will work but it is better to use a more refined program like PSP so that you can resize or crop the image to your liking. Note that if you save the image as a BMP file it will be huge so GIF or JPG files are better.

For pictures I use JPG but for radar screenshots I use GIF to retain the screen quality.

Having got your picture you need to upload it to the Internet - and there are several image hosting sites that are free. Once the picture is uploaded you can link to it in a post here - just post the URL of the picture inside the IMG tags - see the button above the post window. The tag should look like:
[img]URL%20of%20picture[/img]

One basic rule - don't upload pictures to the forum that are greater than 800 pixels wide. If you do the post may get deleted. If you have to show a bigger picture use a URL link rather than an IMG link.

If all goes well you should end up with a nice image to post like so..

Roadrunner

Postby Roadrunner » June 21st, 2007, 7:56 pm

Bones, MikeC,

As ever, thank you for the info and Bones what a great photgraph you sent as an example :D
Beep-Beep

bones

Postby bones » June 22nd, 2007, 4:03 am

Most of you will just have eyes for the aircraft but keener viewers may have spotted the camera obscura on the headland behind the aircraft. It has recently been returned to action too after a rebuild.

Wellard

Pic.

Postby Wellard » April 8th, 2008, 11:58 am

Still a great picture

Colin

bones

Postby bones » April 8th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Full credit goes to my other half as she took it. Nikon D50, 80-400 zoom.

Roadrunner

Postby Roadrunner » April 8th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Hoping to get to see that headland again this year as have not made it to inlaws for last two years (Ballaugh)

Mike
Beep-Beep

Mr Phil

Postby Mr Phil » April 9th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Have decided now that I have seen the wonderful scenery on the IOM I will be going across for a long weekend. sometime in the near future.

I hope I can bump into someone that knows the way about :wink: :wink:
The Geek shall inherit the earth

M1PAC

Return to “Discussion”