SBS-1 ETHERNET VERSION UPDATE

The place to chat about using the BaseStation / SBS systems, ask questions, and to post any tips, tricks or stories about how you've used it. We'd also like to hear any suggestions you have for new functionality which we can add to the system.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

allan senior

Postby allan senior » November 5th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Sound advice Steve, thanks for the info. I don't know if it made a difference coz I did as you suggested straight away and it worked so did not have to try any other way.
I now have the SBS in the loft attached to the Belkin by ethernet cable. This wirelessly connects to the router in the lounge and therefore to my PC in the spare bedroom.
Has been running for 2 days (switched off overnight) without a hitch. £35 off Amazon. Means the antenna can now go even higher.

egnxer

Postby egnxer » November 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm

I'm glad I seem to have helped at least one person. However, I really don't know whether I should mention I also bought mine from Amazon but only paid £21.50 for it :oops:

PS for anyone else reading this, it also seems like you have to power the Belkin on before the SBS (give it 10 seconds or so)
Steve

Roadrunner

Postby Roadrunner » November 6th, 2009, 5:35 pm

deleted
Last edited by Roadrunner on November 6th, 2009, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beep-Beep

Roadrunner

Postby Roadrunner » November 6th, 2009, 5:37 pm

egnxer wrote:PS for anyone else reading this, it also seems like you have to power the Belkin on before the SBS (give it 10 seconds or so)

Both my Belkin and SBS1 power up together when I throw the switch and I have had no problem with this. However both are always running before I turn the PC on.
Mike
Beep-Beep

Return to “Discussion”