SBS 1eR on New Laptop Windows 8.1

User-created resources that can help you get more out of your BaseStation software.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

citationten

SBS 1eR on New Laptop Windows 8.1

Postby citationten » October 2nd, 2014, 11:23 am

I posted this on the Group yesterday but assumed it was wrong board - apologies - can anybody help please?

SBS1eR on New Laptop Windows 8.1
by citationten » Yesterday, 2:47 pm

Gents apologies for asking potentially stupid questions.

I have purchased a new Laptop, OS Windows 8.1 64 bit. I want to install my SBS 1eR onto the new laptop - I have the CD to install (it says on the sleeve works with Windows XP & Windows 7 32 & 64 bit). The old laptop was Windows XP.

1. Can I just load the CD onto the new laptop?
2. If so and once loaded can I copy my existing 'Kinetic' files across from the laptop on which I currently also run the 1eR? I have got my current SBS set up how I want it & do not really want to go through the whole rigmarole of doing all of that again.
3. The current version I am using is 1.2.3.175 - is this up to date & if not where can I find the latest version?

Assuming that there is nothing I have forgotten re the above, I then want to use the 'old' laptop to now run an SBS1 - the 1eR is used when I go off on my travels in the UK or around the world, but the SBS 1 remains at home & doesn't leave the study - the laptop on which that currently operates is to be consigned to the laptop graveyard - can I just plug in the old laptop & let it get on with things or do I need to reload the SBS1 disc (which I think I still have)?

My thanks in advance for any help and assistance & also feel free to point out anything which I have overlooked.

Regards

Keith
nr. Ilminster, Somerset
citationten

Return to “Resources”