Gatwick active display

This forum is for users who are developing applications (or resources) to work alongside BaseStation (i.e. add-ons) and who wish to discuss development techniques.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

melvin 29

Gatwick active display

Postby melvin 29 » April 4th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Hi everyone new to this site .Ineed some help please i have sbs1 box already have the adu sbs utlities program . Iwant to install the gatwick active display i have got activation key for trial .Its asking me to make sure i install on the right path to the virtual store totally lost can anyone please advise kind regards melvin

SabreJV

Re: Gatwick active display

Postby SabreJV » April 5th, 2010, 4:07 am

Hi Melvin

Welcome to the forum, much depends on what version of Windows you are running and also if it is a 32 bit or a 64 bit version. Also be aware that GAS Active Display comes in two versions one for 32 bit Windows and one for 64 bit Windows so you will need to install the correct one to match the operating system on your PC . The paths being asked for are to your Basestation database and you should just let AD install, the paths question is to point AD at your database and can be reset later if you have already installed for example.

Please advise what version of Windows you are using?

Also let us know if you have installed Basestation perhaps into a location other than the default?

As I do not use ADU I am unable to comment how that is setup with Basestation and if perhaps that changes anything no doubt someone else can help if that is the case.

regards
Sabrejv

melvin 29

Postby melvin 29 » April 5th, 2010, 8:00 am

Hi i am runing windows seven 32 bit ,my basestation i just installed it with the disc and it is in the kinetic folder

melvin

SabreJV

Postby SabreJV » April 5th, 2010, 8:43 am

Melvin

In Windows 7 (32 bit) you should try initially to point AD to find the database in

C:\Program Files\Kinetic\Basestation\

The system should automatically recognise to use the database in VirtualStore but do check that entries are being populated with new info by seeing what happens on screen and by using BasestationReporter.

If updates are not happening or you get an error then point AD using, from the AD menu -

SBS Basestation DB > Set SBS Database Path > Windows 7/Vista (32 bit) Virtual Folder

The manual path if you have to set it yourself because I'm not sure if the trial has quite the same options is -

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Kinetic\Basestation\

where <username> is your login account name when you start Windows.

If you cannot see the Appdata or VirtualStore folder then the chances are your Windows 7 is still set to default and is set to hide system files and folders and you may also need to set things to show all file extensions so file names are obvious.

more info how to display hidden files/folders

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind ... dden-files

and showing file extensions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind ... extensions

Finally do not hesitate to ask if you get stuck or things still don't work.

regards
Sabrejv

Return to “Development”