trackaircraft.com

This forum is for users who are developing applications (or resources) to work alongside BaseStation (i.e. add-ons) and who wish to discuss development techniques.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

trackaircraft

trackaircraft.com

Postby trackaircraft » April 7th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Hello All,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post. However I've been working on a software project for a number of months which will :

1: Decode raw basestation output.
2: Display it in a Java GUI
3: Output to Google Earth and colour code aircraft depending on cruise, ascent, descent.
4: Draw 3D trails in Google Earth (configurable even when Google Earth feed is running)
5. Uses databases from libhomeradar and openflights to dynamically look up and display aircraft registrations and routing.
5. All controlled through a simple Java UI.

I am almost ready to release and should be doing so in the next week or so.

Oh I almost forgot to say that it will all be FREE. I am a software engineer by profession and a huge aviation enthusiast in my spare time so this has been a labour of love.

I am based in Cork, Ireland and have been using a feed from my friend's SBS-1 for the period of development. If possible I'd like to try it on some other feeds before releasing. If anyone would be able to provide this then please PM me or e-mail me at simon.o.lubhaing@gmail.com ? Of course if anyone would like a pre-release beta copy to mess around with I can mail it to you as a jar file and batch. It will be in a full installer when I release it.

Oh yes finally I have just put a rough site together at http://www.trackaircraft.com with a couple of screenshots. I also recently started a project blog (http://ads-b.blogspot.com) to keep people informed of updates. I probably should have started it earlier to keep a diary of my progress. Anyway it's there now. Looking forward to releasing my software to you in the next week or two all and getting involved in this forum.

Kind Regards,
Simon

KineticChris
Site Admin

Re: trackaircraft.com

Postby KineticChris » April 7th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Looks good Simon well done

If it works well chat to Rick and you could add it to the resources website as useful stuff

Keep us posted

Regards
Chris Taylor

forx

Postby forx » April 7th, 2010, 9:39 pm

How does the flight look up work is it similar to fd7 ? If so will it work out alpha numeric call signs as this is where fd7 falls apart (come on resources guys theres a window of oppurtunity here)only a third of aircraft on my screen have flight routings. Sounding selfish now but any way you can download images of the aircraft ?

Mike.

coupe

Postby coupe » April 7th, 2010, 9:50 pm

"This is the #1 and totally FREE professional software which decodes ADS-B aircraft transponder data and displays it live in Google Earth."

Which one is now numéro deux :-)

trackaircraft

Postby trackaircraft » April 7th, 2010, 9:52 pm

coupe wrote:"This is the #1 and totally FREE professional software which decodes ADS-B aircraft transponder data and displays it live in Google Earth."

Which one is now numéro deux :-)

OK ok :) I guarantee you'll like it though.

trackaircraft

Postby trackaircraft » April 7th, 2010, 9:52 pm

forx wrote:How does the flight look up work is it similar to fd7 ? If so will it work out alpha numeric call signs as this is where fd7 falls apart (come on resources guys theres a window of oppurtunity here)only a third of aircraft on my screen have flight routings. Sounding selfish now but any way you can download images of the aircraft ?

Mike.

Hi Mike,
I use the ICAO24 database from here(http://www.libhomeradar.org/download/index.php). See links at bottom of page. At the moment I'm only using the first database which is text based and is simply a mapping from HEX to Regs. The links further down beyond that with binary files seem to be updated more often so I'll migrate to that in time. With the basic DB I get about 75% of aircraft HEX ids matching up to a reg.

Cheers,
Simon

forx

Postby forx » April 7th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Sorry Simon I was meaning the aircraf destinations ie MAN- LHR

Mike.

trackaircraft

Postby trackaircraft » April 7th, 2010, 10:04 pm

forx wrote:Sorry Simon I was meaning the aircraf destinations ie MAN- LHR

Mike.

Ah right sorry. I use another database I found here -> http://openflights.org/data.html
Doesn't get everything but gets all the main stuff. Looks like its being kept up to date though so I guess it will only improve.

Return to “Development”