Another server to display output on a Google Maps page

This forum is for users who are developing applications (or resources) to work alongside BaseStation (i.e. add-ons) and who wish to discuss development techniques.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

Anmer

Re: Another server to display output on a Google Maps page

Postby Anmer » August 16th, 2010, 11:12 am

Dan Dare wrote:To agw. Yes I didn't quite understand Anmer's response either.

It's OK, he was having a very senior moment :oops:
Anmer
Radarspotting.com
Radarspotting since 2005

agw

Postby agw » August 16th, 2010, 9:04 pm

sergsero wrote:How to make, that at (auto)updating of file FlightNumbers.csv the data which are added by the user - my local area FlightNumbers, did not disappear?
For example, to make such two files - FlightNumbers.csv and FlightNumbers.local.csv...

It hadn't occurred to me that people would update the files locally :) You can turn off auto-updating of the files for the time being and I'll add support for a local FlightNumbers.csv in a future release.

agw

Postby agw » August 16th, 2010, 9:04 pm

Anmer wrote:It's OK, he was having a very senior moment :oops:

:D

sergsero

Postby sergsero » August 21st, 2010, 1:24 pm

agw wrote:...and I'll add support for a local FlightNumbers.csv in a future release.

Many thanks, I'll expect following releases. 8)

Other wish - it is possible to add display of Altitude and Ground Speed in metric system: "meters" and "km per hour"? And climbing/descent in meters per second? - How it is used in Russia or China... Or make display options like on flightradar24.com?
With best regards! :)

agw

Postby agw » August 21st, 2010, 1:41 pm

sergsero wrote:Other wish - it is possible to add display of Altitude and Ground Speed in metric system: "meters" and "km per hour"? And climbing/descent in meters per second?

I'll add it to the list :)

TG

Postby TG » September 3rd, 2010, 7:32 pm

Hi,
Testing the latest release.
Noticed that again there is a problem with OperatorLogos that contain underscore in the name (like USAF_C130).
And I think this has been requested before: can we have trails length user's defined?

TG

agw

Postby agw » September 4th, 2010, 1:48 am

Thanks for that - it was a different bug with the same effect, the fix has been done and will be in the next release.

You aren't the first to ask for short trails, they are shaping up to be quite popular :) The problem I have with them is that the current method of recording coordinates for the trail is good for recording the full track of the aircraft but it can't cope with having it cut short at a point x-minutes or x-miles past.

However the scheme it replaced would have coped fine with short tracks. It wouldn't be hard to offer both and have a server option to let the user choose between the two. I don't want to revert wholesale to the old scheme because for full-length trails the new scheme is better. Plus I like the full trails :D But that aside I agree they can look a bit messy, I'll add it to the list.

ianmitchell

Postby ianmitchell » September 4th, 2010, 8:43 am

There must be an obvious explanation for the fact that on the BS screen I get 73 aircraft until I click 'Show All', when I get 139, but when I switch to Virtual Radar it's tracking 85.

Where does the difference between 73 and 85 come from?

Having said that ... it's even more addictive than the original BS, especially as each new enhancement comes along - excellent.

DaveReid

Postby DaveReid » September 4th, 2010, 9:11 am

ianmitchell wrote:There must be an obvious explanation for the fact that on the BS screen I get 73 aircraft until I click 'Show All', when I get 139, but when I switch to Virtual Radar it's tracking 85.

Where does the difference between 73 and 85 come from?

Having said that ... it's even more addictive than the original BS, especially as each new enhancement comes along - excellent.

In BaseStation, your timeout settings will affect the number of aircraft you are seeing on the screen.

Different applications, different timeouts, different totals ?

ianmitchell

Postby ianmitchell » September 4th, 2010, 9:56 am

Something else that I'd never thought of - thanks.

agw

Postby agw » September 4th, 2010, 11:47 am

DaveReid wrote:Different applications, different timeouts, different totals ?

Funnily enough I've just had an email about this. The aircraft are removed from display 30 seconds after the last signal is picked up and forgotten about 10 minutes after the last signal.

The 30 second timeout was set so that aircraft at Heathrow didn't appear to be colliding into each other when I lose sight of them before they land :) It'll be configurable at some point.

Dan Dare

Postby Dan Dare » September 16th, 2010, 5:35 pm

To agw.
When next carrying out any future updates to your excellent and much appreciated
VirtualRadar programme, will you please consider allowing the user the option to include
"Altitude" in the Aircraft label line listing. Thanks.

agw

Postby agw » September 16th, 2010, 6:00 pm

Dan Dare wrote:please consider allowing the user the option to include "Altitude" in the Aircraft label line

Okey dokey, no problem.

Dan Dare

Postby Dan Dare » September 21st, 2010, 2:40 pm

To agw. Just downloaded and installed the latest version of
VirtualRadarServer. Thanks for including the requested enhancements,
--- now even better.

sergsero

Postby sergsero » September 21st, 2010, 4:40 pm

"Version 0.19.0" - I am happy! :D
Especially for a choice of units! May be in following versions of the program to change (or add) units for VSpeed (the rate of climb/descent)? It is commonly (in real aviation) expressed in metres per second (not metres per minute as now), abbreviated as m/s. (1m/s=196.9ft/min).

And "Support for optional local flight route" - make new file LocalFlightNumbers.csv with my local route data?

Thanks for your work and attention to wishes of users!

Return to “Development”