Another server to display output on a Google Maps page

This forum is for users who are developing applications (or resources) to work alongside BaseStation (i.e. add-ons) and who wish to discuss development techniques.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

ianmitchell

Re: Another server to display output on a Google Maps page

Postby ianmitchell » September 27th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Earlier on today I noticed that several of the aircraft symbols were pointing in the wrong direction. I don't remember noticing this before.

On returning from the pub tonight all is OK.

Was I imagining things earlier?

(I like the moving map feature - thanks)

agw

Postby agw » September 27th, 2010, 11:00 pm

ianmitchell wrote:Earlier on today I noticed that several of the aircraft symbols were pointing in the wrong direction.

If they were pointing north then this can happen when there's a position but no heading for the aircraft coming from Basestation. What I do there is calculate the heading from its position but I wait for it to travel a few hundred metres between each heading calculation, otherwise it can be a bit inaccurate. So when these aircraft first appear they can be pointing north until enough position updates come in to start calculating the heading.

I wouldn't expect lots of aircraft to be doing that though, just one or two and only for a few seconds each.

If you see it happen again then could you point your browser at AircraftList.json instead of GoogleMap.htm (case doesn't matter) and cut & paste the text that pops up into an email or PM to me along with the ICAO or registration of one or more of the aircraft that were pointing in the wrong direction please?

sergsero

Postby sergsero » October 24th, 2010, 2:17 pm

In ver. 0.20.0 (22nd October 2010) doesn't work any report for me. Instead of it the red window (or line) with the text is displayed: "An exception was encounted during the processing of the report, see log for full details: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: value".
In VirtualRadarLog file lines: "24.10.2010 20:50:07 [t:8] An exception was encountered during the processing of a report: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: value
at System.DateTime.AddTicks(Int64 value)
at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale)
at VirtualRadar.WebContent.ReportRows.ServePage(String page, HttpListenerContext context, String mimeType, Configuration configuration)"
In all previous versions reports were created correctly by all criteria.
p.s. My Time Zone GMT+6 and dd.mm.yyyy hh:mm:ss

agw

Postby agw » October 25th, 2010, 12:24 pm

Oops! Thanks for letting me know :) I'm on holiday at the moment so I can't check for sure, but I have an idea what I screwed up there. I'll fix it in the next version.

TG

Postby TG » October 28th, 2010, 8:25 pm

Hi agw,

Can we have altitude below transition level QNH adjusted?
Something which BaseStation :wink: doesn't know how to do :P

TG

agw

Postby agw » October 29th, 2010, 6:10 pm

sergsero wrote:In ver. 0.20.0 (22nd October 2010) doesn't work any report for me. Instead of it the red window (or line) with the text is displayed: "An exception was encounted...

I've tried setting my region and timezone to match yours but I'm not getting the exception.

It might be something to do with the timezone as reported by your browser. I've written a small test page to check this - could you point your browser to this page:

http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/timezonetest.html

and let me know what it says please? It should just bring up a single line of text.

TG

Postby TG » October 29th, 2010, 6:17 pm

agw wrote:http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/timezonetest.html

and let me know what it says please? It should just bring up a single line of text.

Here:The timezone offset is "-120"

I have the same error: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: value.
My date format is: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss

TG

agw

Postby agw » October 30th, 2010, 1:19 am

TG wrote:I have the same error: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: value.

Thanks for that - I've now fixed the bug, it should be up on the site in a day or so. It was another time zone thing, I do seem to keep on walking into those.

sergsero

Postby sergsero » October 30th, 2010, 3:13 am

Hi agw!

agw wrote:http://www.virtualradarserver.co.uk/timezonetest.html

In my case the test page has given out: The timezone offset is "-420"

My timezone GMT+7 (summer) and GMT+6 (winter, tomorrow :))

sergsero

sergsero

Postby sergsero » October 31st, 2010, 1:33 pm

sergsero wrote:In my case the test page has given out:

Yesterday timezone GMT+7 (summer) - test page: The timezone offset is "-420"
Today (31.10.2010) GMT+6 (winter) - test page: The timezone offset is "-360"
sergsero.

ianmitchell

Postby ianmitchell » January 31st, 2011, 12:52 am

Hi - still transfixed by this excellent program!

I've now come across this: all the distances from the home location are up to 20 miles greater than those displayed on the SBS1 screen, irrespective of bearing...................................

Aaaaargh!

As I write, I realise the answer may be obvious. The SBS1 distances are nautical miles, so I assume the Google distances are statute miles.

I am therefore the only bloke who hadn't clocked this until a couple of minutes ago!

Must get out more.

agw

Postby agw » February 2nd, 2011, 12:19 am

ianmitchell wrote:Hi - still transfixed by this excellent program!

I've now come across this: all the distances from the home location are up to 20 miles greater than those displayed on the SBS1 screen, irrespective of bearing...................................

Aaaaargh!

As I write, I realise the answer may be obvious. The SBS1 distances are nautical miles, so I assume the Google distances are statute miles.

I am therefore the only bloke who hadn't clocked this until a couple of minutes ago!

Must get out more.

:D Yes, they are statute miles. I'll add nautical miles to the units of distance that you can select in the next version.

andy15star

Postby andy15star » February 10th, 2011, 11:13 am

FANTASTIC ADD-ON !!!!!! - Keep up the brilliant work !! :D

Andy
Checkout my website at: http://www.andy15star.fotopic.net/

sergsero

Postby sergsero » March 29th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Hi agw!
I've found such effect in "date report" option.
When "Date report" request from date 27.03.2011 and late in criteria area, I get true report by default 25 rows with area "First :: Prev :: 1 2 3 4 ... 9 :: Next :: Last" screen.
But when "Date report" request before 27.03.2011 (26.03 and early) area "First :: Prev :: 1 2 3 4 ... 9 :: Next :: Last" in first window have true, but next windows display true time and have wrong date stamp (minus one day and so on). And in criteria area date change spontaneously (descending day) in each step.
It's my error? Or I think that night 26-27.03 26-27 was transition to summertime... and born this effect.
Program version 0.22.0, 21st March 2011.

agw

Postby agw » March 30th, 2011, 10:50 pm

sergsero wrote:When "Date report" request from date 27.03.2011 and late in criteria area, I get true report by default 25 rows with area "First :: Prev :: 1 2 3 4 ... 9 :: Next :: Last" screen.
But when "Date report" request before 27.03.2011 (26.03 and early) area "First :: Prev :: 1 2 3 4 ... 9 :: Next :: Last" in first window have true, but next windows display true time and have wrong date stamp (minus one day and so on). And in criteria area date change spontaneously (descending day) in each step.
It's my error?

It's not your error, it's a bug :) Sorry about that, I'll fix it soon.

Return to “Development”