Internet Database of Targets

This forum is for users who are developing applications (or resources) to work alongside BaseStation (i.e. add-ons) and who wish to discuss development techniques.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

edgy31

Internet Database of Targets

Postby edgy31 » December 22nd, 2010, 4:23 pm

Targets/Vehicles rather than just Aircraft.

Thinking out loud about a place where people could go to share their data. An Open Source database of Targets. Suppose a database server (MySQL probably) was deployed, and people could query it, and add records to it. A very limited design that gets a specific job done, and leaves out the fluff.

This may already exist, but everything I have found so far is restrictive in some way. A no frills database that can be accessed using an ODBC layer.

avanbergen

Re: Internet Database of Targets

Postby avanbergen » February 4th, 2011, 12:45 pm

edgy31 wrote:Targets/Vehicles rather than just Aircraft.

Thinking out loud about a place where people could go to share their data. An Open Source database of Targets. Suppose a database server (MySQL probably) was deployed, and people could query it, and add records to it. A very limited design that gets a specific job done, and leaves out the fluff.

This may already exist, but everything I have found so far is restrictive in some way. A no frills database that can be accessed using an ODBC layer.

Hi Edgy31,

Did you already found a solution for your idea?

Albert

edgy31

Re: Internet Database of Targets

Postby edgy31 » February 4th, 2011, 1:51 pm

Actually just seeing if there was any interest. Doesn't look like it.

Return to “Development”