Java Connect

This forum is for users who are developing applications (or resources) to work alongside BaseStation (i.e. add-ons) and who wish to discuss development techniques.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

edgy31

Java Connect

Postby edgy31 » April 30th, 2011, 9:55 pm

New project, needs work of course: adsb-processor
Last edited by edgy31 on June 21st, 2011, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bilbolodz

Re: Java Connect

Postby bilbolodz » May 18th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Hi,

Should it work without SBS1 connected locally (via USB) to computer? MY SBS1 is connected only via ethernet and I can't run this program. It complains:
EDIT:

OK, I've looked into the source. Unfortunately current version:
This software inputs receiver data from the Kinetic SBS-1 USB interface

Maybe next version....

Piotr

edgy31

Postby edgy31 » May 18th, 2011, 12:55 pm

bilbolodz wrote:Maybe next version....

My box is pretty old (serial number 1XXX), but I would like to make the newer boxes (usb and enet) work as well.

bilbolodz

Postby bilbolodz » May 18th, 2011, 1:06 pm

edgy31 wrote:
bilbolodz wrote:Maybe next version....

My box is pretty old (serial number 1XXX), but I would like to make the newer boxes (usb and enet) work as well.

I would be great.

Piotr

edgy31

Postby edgy31 » May 19th, 2011, 10:34 pm

I put some code in there (config file is where you set it up) for the network connection. I would be curious to know if it works!

Merci,

Steve

bilbolodz

Postby bilbolodz » May 20th, 2011, 6:34 am

edgy31 wrote:I put some code in there (config file is where you set it up) for the network connection. I would be curious to know if it works!

I'll try to check it today. One more question:
I've noticed that I processing "RAW (crypted)" data from SBS1 device. To which TCP port should try to connect:
-SBS1 10001 (raw data from SBS1), to get it working some additional software (EM or sbs1xxx) is needed to "split" signal (SBS1 10001 port is "one connection only")
-BaseStation 30003 (unencrypted messages) produced by BS
?

Best regards

Piotr

edgy31

Postby edgy31 » May 20th, 2011, 7:08 am

bilbolodz wrote:To which TCP port should try to connect:

By default port 10001. You are correct that only one program can connect. So you'll have to shut down other stuff for this test.
The Multi-EM is a neat tool to multiplex the Kinetic raw port (not expensive), and you would have to change my config to point to his new port.
I used the sbs1xxx program, but it seems to crash a lot, so the Multi-EM is the way to go.

EDIT: I checked the network code, and it seems to be working with a SBS-1e on the Internet.

Return to “Development”