Active Display - suggestion

This forum is for users who are developing applications (or resources) to work alongside BaseStation (i.e. add-ons) and who wish to discuss development techniques.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

KeithH

Active Display - suggestion

Postby KeithH » June 6th, 2011, 6:23 am

Hi

I hope no-one minds me making a small suggestion for a future release.

Can the "Single Aircraft Display" window be amended? This is the editing window that pops up from the Aircraft Display screen when -/+ button is clicked. After the window is opened can the Code field be given focus.

So when editing aircraft the cursor defaults to this field.

Many thanks

Keith

bones

Re: Active Display - suggestion

Postby bones » June 6th, 2011, 10:03 am

Interesting point and I just tried it.

The very first time you press the +/- button after starting AD what you ask for works - the cursor is sitting in the Code window. Any subsequent press of the button to open a new window and it doesn't - the cursor has focus on the Close button.

KeithH

Postby KeithH » June 6th, 2011, 12:35 pm

bones wrote:Interesting point and I just tried it.

The very first time you press the +/- button after starting AD what you ask for works - the cursor is sitting in the Code window. Any subsequent press of the button to open a new window and it doesn't - the cursor has focus on the Close button.

Yes, agree the focus is there when you first open the window. It is also still on the delete button after selecting a code and selecting this button. The focus remains on that button. I suppose I should have been more specific. I have just been tidying up by deleting some of the non existant records in my database. So have been repeatedly deleting. I found I either had to click the Clear button or place the cursor in the code field.

Whilst I was clearing out these records I though of using SQLite but found it easier this way.

Regards

cessna24v

Postby cessna24v » June 6th, 2011, 1:27 pm

Keith,
Not at all - please do so any time.

In fact this particular one has had a beneficial outcome.

What you and Bones describe is spot on but obviously not what should be happening. When I checked the code I found the focus was all in place to do what you ask. However, it wasn't working.

A bit of digging accidentally found the answer. This problem (in other areas as well) has been a pain in the butt and it appears to be caused by a minor issue in .NET. The good news is that there is a very simple circumvention (which was what we found accidentally) and this has now been successfully implemented for the next dot version which shouldn't be long coming.

Thanks for spotting this one.

While on this subject, you will notice also that if you preselect a row from the Aircraft grid before entering the single update, the details of that row will not be filled in when the +/- window opens. This has also been corrected.

And finally, as a result of another request, a new option for bulk deletions has already been added to delete all 'Unknowns'. This will allow you to get rid of all entries for which registration etc. are not known which is an easy way of disposing of all the rubbish entries providing you have your population/data up to date.

You can already dispose of all the 'Not Allocated' entries (codes which do not belong to any country sequence) with a single click in the Data>>Bulk Aircraft Deletions window after entering 'Not Allocated' as the Country name.

I think that now covers most of the rubbish that accumulates over time.
Gary

KeithH

Postby KeithH » June 6th, 2011, 1:44 pm

cessna24v wrote:

Keith,
Not at all - please do so any time.

In fact this particular one has had a beneficial outcome.

What you and Bones describe is spot on but obviously not what should be happening. When I checked the code I found the focus was all in place to do what you ask. However, it wasn't working.

A bit of digging accidentally found the answer. This problem (in other areas as well) has been a pain in the butt and it appears to be caused by a minor issue in .NET. The good news is that there is a very simple circumvention (which was what we found accidentally) and this has now been successfully implemented for the next dot version which shouldn't be long coming.

Thanks for spotting this one.

While on this subject, you will notice also that if you preselect a row from the Aircraft grid before entering the single update, the details of that row will not be filled in when the +/- window opens. This has also been corrected.

And finally, as a result of another request, a new option for bulk deletions has already been added to delete all 'Unknowns'. This will allow you to get rid of all entries for which registration etc. are not known which is an easy way of disposing of all the rubbish entries providing you have your population/data up to date.

You can already dispose of all the 'Not Allocated' entries (codes which do not belong to any country sequence) with a single click in the Data>>Bulk Aircraft Deletions window after entering 'Not Allocated' as the Country name.

I think that now covers most of the rubbish that accumulates over time.
Gary

Many thanks Gary. Great news, I'll look forward to the next release. I did notice that the HEX code wasn't "pasted" into the +/- window but thought it was meant.

Keith

Return to “Development”