Data Access Via USB FTDI DLL

This forum is for users who are developing applications (or resources) to work alongside BaseStation (i.e. add-ons) and who wish to discuss development techniques.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

ametcalfe

Data Access Via USB FTDI DLL

Postby ametcalfe » April 30th, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hi,

Has anybody got any info regarding reading data from the SBS-3 via the USB Interface.

I am a software developer who has experience of communicating with the FTDI DLL interface to their ICs, so this side of things is not a problem.

What I am lacking is a definition of :
1) What do the 2 USB devices do (eg. is A for Commands, and B for data etc)
2) What is the packet/command structure definition?

I have tried using the command structure from the Ethernet Definition but with zero success.

If somebody could point me in the direction of some info (even if the info is 'No, you are not allowed to talk to the device directly!') that would be great.

Cheers,

DaveReid

Re: Data Access Via USB FTDI DLL

Postby DaveReid » May 1st, 2013, 7:48 am

ametcalfe wrote:If somebody could point me in the direction of some info (even if the info is 'No, you are not allowed to talk to the device directly!') that would be great.

http://mode-s.66ghz.com/

coupe

Re: Data Access Via USB FTDI DLL

Postby coupe » May 4th, 2013, 5:09 am

Read the API maybe. I haven't read it in a long time, but maybe something useful in there...

http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/api.php

In Java I use the D2XX drivers instead of the Com port emulator (its faster). I haven't messed with it since the SBS-1 days though. I use the same programming pattern with the
B e a s t receiver though. I don't know if they got rid of the scrambling on the USB port though. I think they got rid of it on the Network port (at least one of the ports). Legacy stuff...

Code: Select all

JD2XX jd = new JD2XX();

jd.openByDescription("Kinetic SBS-1 Beavis 8A");
                jd.setBaudRate(JD2XX.BAUD_921600);
                jd.setDataCharacteristics(JD2XX.BITS_8, JD2XX.STOP_BITS_1, JD2XX.PARITY_NONE);
                jd.setFlowControl(JD2XX.FLOW_NONE, 0, 0);
                jd.setTimeouts(JD2XX.DEFAULT_RX_TIMEOUT, JD2XX.DEFAULT_TX_TIMEOUT);

Return to “Development”