Help with USB driver

For general (non-commercial) chat unrelated to aviation. Discuss your favourite films and books, get advice on places to visit, and let everyone know about your spiffing new homepage. WARNING: Standard UK pub rules apply, meaning absolutely no discussion of religion or politics (aviation related politics excepted) with the landlord's decision being final.

Moderators: KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

MANOFKENT

Help with USB driver

Postby MANOFKENT » February 3rd, 2015, 12:55 am

I had a malware today that messed up my browser. I found a program that got rid of the problem but it led to other problems. When it had all settled down I lost my 3.0 USB. I tried everything but it just wouldn't work. So knowing that Googling would be better than half guessing what to do, I came across a guy on You Tube that went through a process. I copied and I lost my head I think. What he said was he was having USB driver problems and he said to disable the drivers one by one and reinstall the drivers. That was all well and good but in my haste I inadvertently selected uninstall when I couldn't see a disable option.

Now I can't use my mouse, so when I went into Safe Mode to see if I could work around it would work because of the lack of a mouse. So what am I supposed to do? I'll probably call a tech out.

Thanks

Roger

EDIT: Ok now. I managed to work around the Safe Mode without mouse and used System Restore

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”