Active Display Lite

News and information about what new functionality and developments lie ahead for SBS systems and BaseStation.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

bones

Re: Active Display Lite

Postby bones » January 22nd, 2011, 3:29 pm

UK-02 Major Airport Codes
UK-02 Major Airport Names

I'd better elaborate on these files.

By default the airfield waypoint file provides both airfield name and ICAO code on screen (UK-02 Major Airport Names). For those who find this too intrusive I created a second file (UK-02 Major Airport Codes) which will only display the ICAO code. Use one or the other but not both.

You can optionally install both and then use the Data Files menu in BaseStation to turn on the file you need. I normally have codesonly on display but swap to the name and code file when taking screenshots.

Code only display:

Roadrunner

Postby Roadrunner » January 22nd, 2011, 3:52 pm

bones wrote:
UK-02 Major Airport Codes
UK-02 Major Airport Names

By default the airfield waypoint file provides both airfield name and ICAO code on screen (UK-02 Major Airport Names). For those who find this too intrusive I created a second file (UK-02 Major Airport Codes) which will only display the ICAO code. Use one or the other but not both.

Thanks Bones.

Do you know why my screen display in Base Station reverted to the Fresh Installation one and lost all the changes I had made, simply by updating your outlines/waypoints using ADL?
I would add that I have used a backup of my settings and all is well but if it happens to other people they may not be so lucky.

Mike
Beep-Beep

bones

Postby bones » January 22nd, 2011, 4:03 pm

Do you know why my screen display in Base Station reverted to the Fresh Installation one and lost all the changes I had made, simply by updating your outlines/waypoints using ADL?

I don't - it should not have affected the INI file in that way. First entry in the bug list!

cessna24v

Postby cessna24v » January 22nd, 2011, 4:35 pm

Gary, do you want all ADL questions/reported problems to be emailed or posted here?

Your choice Mike, but we are answering those EMailed from the pgm first and will post any cautions etc. on the GAS status page and probably here initially.
Gary

cessna24v

Postby cessna24v » January 22nd, 2011, 4:45 pm

When I first fired up Base Station after loading the coastlines/outlines/waypoints I was faced with a bog-standard screen presentation (as though my INI file had reverted to the new installation one).

Mike can you EMail us an explicit example (from the program Help>>EMail), maybe a screenshot of how your outline layers are set?

I have a feeling this is one of the areas we were looking for input. Thx.

Rgds
Gary

cessna24v

Postby cessna24v » January 23rd, 2011, 11:09 am

A small update to the program has been posted to prevent any unusual changes to the basestation.ini file.
This was posted at 0029 today.

A reminder that ADL Status is posted as necessary at ....

http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/ADL_status.asp

or via the GAS website menu.
Gary

mch

Postby mch » January 23rd, 2011, 12:29 pm

Hi gary,could you get in touch with me via email if possible,thanks marty

Anmer

Postby Anmer » January 24th, 2011, 12:03 pm

cessna24v wrote:A small update to the program has been posted to prevent any unusual changes to the basestation.ini file.

When I went to download the latest version, the file name is the same as the previous one?

ActiveDisplayLite_1.32.0.22.zip
Anmer
Radarspotting.com
Radarspotting since 2005

cessna24v

Postby cessna24v » January 24th, 2011, 12:52 pm

When I went to download the latest version, the file name is the same as the previous one?

Yes it is, Mike.

This was a one-off as changing all the refs takes time and we wanted to fix Mike's problem asap.
Gary

KineticChris
Site Admin

Postby KineticChris » January 24th, 2011, 2:03 pm

Can we leave Gary alone now I want the 64 bit version asap :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Chris Taylor

Anmer

Postby Anmer » January 27th, 2011, 9:58 am

I have a question.

Hex code 3C6483 was showing as D-AIDC, an A310, as reported by Keith D.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13734&start=0

SBS-1 Populate is now correctly showing this as a Lufthansa A321.

If one has this code already populated in one's Basetation.sqb as an A310, will AD Lite correct this automatically?
Anmer
Radarspotting.com
Radarspotting since 2005

SabreJV

Postby SabreJV » January 27th, 2011, 10:36 am

Neither AD (Full version) nor SBSPopulate changed existing records already in an sqb if the underlying GAS data changed later automatically - you either needed to bulk re-populate or edited the single record manually using the necessary option in AD or SBSPopulate.

ADlite is no different, to edit an existing record you need to open the database edit screen (using the +/- [add/edit/delete] button on the menu bar) then input the mode-s code to retrieve data the sqb file and/or from GAS database as needed and update.

To differentiate ADLite from AD (Full) there are no bulk editing tools, but I think Gary already mentioned this.

==
Sabrejv

Anmer

Postby Anmer » January 27th, 2011, 10:44 am

Thanks Sabrejv.

If I understand it correctly, AD Lite (which is due to replace SBS-1 Populate) has no Populate, Re Populate or Flag Populate functions? One either lets it Autopopulate or manually update a single record.
Anmer
Radarspotting.com
Radarspotting since 2005

cessna24v

Postby cessna24v » January 27th, 2011, 11:41 am

If I understand it correctly, AD Lite (which is due to replace SBS-1 Populate) has no Populate, Re Populate or Flag Populate functions? One either lets it Autopopulate or manually update a single record.

Mike,
That is correct. Plus, of course, you can turn Autopopulate off and do things manually. We have to leave you something top do :)
The full version of AD just needs a single click on the data line and it is corrected.

The next full version of AD has a data currency function which will also correct any old stuff over time to avoid the current situation which a lot of users now have - having a wad of bygone aircraft listed. That will not be in ADL either.

BTW the lookup forthe recently delivered D-AIDC failed as we had duplicate records and the 310 hadn't been removed. The next 3 DLH A321s, as yet undelivered, are also online.
Gary

Eelmoor

Postby Eelmoor » August 15th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Hi all,
Sorry I know Im digging up a very old thread here :? I seemed to have turned off the autopoulate in my ADlite and now the new aircraft are going into the blue "need populating" part ! I cant find how to turn it on again......I know its prob something really really simple but Im pulling my hair out here !! :roll:

Return to “News / Announcements”