6 Channels are here

News and information about what new functionality and developments lie ahead for SBS systems and BaseStation.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

bones

Re: 6 Channels are here

Post by bones » March 31st, 2013, 2:10 pm

Just one question. When you upgraded the software to 179 and the firmware to 118 you said that Basestation still reported the firmware as 115 but did that combination work at all?

Hardware upgrades can be temperamental and it may need more than one try to get them to work. But Basestation sometimes doesn't show the correct firmware either. If other users can confirm Basestation shows the hardware as 118 in the Help, About screen then it would be fair to say your hardware upgrade failed.

I know I may be teaching you to suck eggs but don't have anything else running on your system when you run the flash upgrade. On the SBS-1 it is advised to disconnect the aerial too and that may apply to the SBS-3 too.

GaryG

Post by GaryG » April 1st, 2013, 12:46 am

I went from six channels to four channels when I "upgraded" to 114 a couple months ago. Rather than go back, I tried 118.

My BaseStation About shows:
- Software Version: 1.2.3.179
- Firmware Version: SBS-3 build 118
- Serial No: 031480 in case that assists Chris and his analysis.

Once I got 118 installed (first try) I again had six channels.

I only had USB and power connected when I updated, no antennas or internet cables were connected. I also had reset it to USB access from Internet accessed while I did the update.

GaryG

Ando

Post by Ando » April 1st, 2013, 8:13 am

Morning Guys

Thanks for the replies, when I first updated I followed the instructions as per youtube video which didn't say disconnect the aerial so when I opened basestation it still worked (179/115) but with NO 5/6 radio channels, one person advised un plugging usb, as soon as I did that it wouldn't work at all. I then unplugged everything, switched everything off and did the firmware update again, and still nothing, thats when I reverted back to 175/115. On the about page where it says Firmware Options all 1-8 say Not enabled is this normal?

I know it's not necessary as it works but it would be nice to have the two extra channels as I do a lot of remote viewing & listening from Ipad/lap top

Regards

Dave Anderson
www.dtvmovements.co.uk

bones

Post by bones » April 1st, 2013, 2:26 pm

Ando wrote:Morning Guys
On the about page where it says Firmware Options all 1-8 say Not enabled is this normal?
I have Option 1 enabled from the days a radio key was required to unlock the radio functions. This is no longer needed.

You seem to have done exactly what is required for the upgrade so I can only suggest you download the kff file again (in case it got corrupted) and try one more time. If that doesn't work I would suggest a call to Chris..

Ando

Post by Ando » April 1st, 2013, 7:50 pm

Yeah thanks mate, I'll pluck up the courage to give it another go next weekend when I have some free time, figers crossed

Dave

bones

Post by bones » April 16th, 2013, 7:10 am

I was looking at the Kinetic pages earlier and I see that the latest SBS3 firmware is still showing as 115.

Did 118 ever come out of beta?
If not has it been officially scrapped?