MapModeS

News and information about what new functionality and developments lie ahead for SBS systems and BaseStation.

Moderators: admin, KineticChris, KineticDavid, Moderators

admin
Site Admin

MapModeS

Postby admin » August 19th, 2005, 11:02 am

MapModeS has entered internal beta testing and we look forward to announcing the release date.

The next version of the BaseStation application, Spider, is currently entering external beta testing.

smurff

Re: MapModeS

Postby smurff » August 20th, 2005, 1:08 pm

admin wrote:MapModeS has entered internal beta testing and we look forward to announcing the release date.

The next version of the BaseStation application, Spider, is currently entering external beta testing.

How far are you looking forward, 2006,2007 or 2019? Your website has led us to believe that that MapModeS was launching on 19th August for many weeks. Infact, this information is still being displayed.

Please give us an honest estimate of when the software will be available and keep us up to date with it's progress.

KineticMark

MapModeS

Postby KineticMark » September 14th, 2005, 2:47 pm

UPDATE 14/09/05

MapModeS is still in Internal Beta Testing. We will be keeping the Forums updated on a regular basis with regards progress. Unfortunately, we can't at this moment give any more information as to exact release dates and we ask you to bear with us.

Best wishes,

Mark Maurice

TG

Re: MapModeS

Postby TG » October 14th, 2005, 7:37 pm

KineticMark wrote:UPDATE 14/09/05

MapModeS is still in Internal Beta Testing. We will be keeping the Forums updated on a regular basis with regards progress.

UPDATE 14/10/05

Hi Mark,

Can we have any progress update at this moment?

Regards,
Tomasz

KineticMark

Postby KineticMark » October 15th, 2005, 7:04 pm

UPDATE 15/10/2005

Kinetic Avionic Products Limited would like to apologise for the delay in the release of the MapModeS service.

We are currently still in Internal Beta Testing and are working extremely hard to resolve technical, commerical and security issues.

I will be keeping the Forums updated when I have further news and once again I ask you all to bear with us.

Clunk

Postby Clunk » October 15th, 2005, 7:27 pm

I'm sure the commercial and technical difficulties can be overcome but in these times of tight security this might be the hardest one to solve.

Great piece of kit and mapmode-s will finish off the package and fill in the gaps of coverage- lets hope it can be sorted. :D

jon01

Postby jon01 » October 16th, 2005, 6:34 am

Security issues probably mean ports, firewalls and passwords.

The other type of security is not an issue because the kit is easily available and live data is already being sent round the world by some users, also, only around 15% of total air traffic are giving position data...

Jon

KineticMark

Postby KineticMark » January 12th, 2006, 10:59 am

UPDATE 12/01/2006

Kinetic Avionic Products Limited would like to apologise for the delay in the release of the MapModeS service.

We have now entered the final stages of our Beta Testing and we will have more news on timelines for the releae of this service towards the end of this month.

Happy New Year to all our valued users,

Ben.p

Postby Ben.p » February 11th, 2006, 2:47 pm

Is there at this time anymore information about the mapmodeS service??

P.S i love the sbs-1 its great

Brnufc

Postby Brnufc » February 11th, 2006, 8:00 pm

Hi all,

I have got my prayer mat out and have everything crossed that we are going to get a green light as to when MapmodeS is going to be unleashed on the excited SBS membership :P

As you may have guessed it can't come quick enough for me still.

I want to see my little laptop screen being filled with goodies from around the whole of the UK and beyond !!!

Then it will be a case of total addiction to SBS

Cheers

Brian

FrankT

Postby FrankT » February 14th, 2006, 10:08 am

Hi All,
I was just wondering how much the subscription is likley to be

Regards
Frank

MikeC

Postby MikeC » February 14th, 2006, 5:21 pm

FrankT wrote:Hi All,
I was just wondering how much the subscription is likley to be

Regards
Frank
Hi Frank.

I wouldn't worry about the price until Kinetic gives us an update on when (and if, having heard the ethernet story) this product will be available.

As someone who has his own business, I really don't understand the Kinetic silence, especially with such a strong and helpful bunch of existing and potential customers. Perhaps no one on the staff reads these posts anymore?

MikeC

Brnufc

Postby Brnufc » February 14th, 2006, 9:00 pm

Its very interesting to see how the MapmodeS thread has developed since I purchased my SBS unit over 4 months ago, the possibilities that MapmodeS will give those who are either in an area of low activity and / or those who havent got an external aerial a whole new level of SBS monitorng, I just wish that we could be given a glimmer of hope as to when we can expect this ?

I realise that there are loads of developments ongoing and that the SBS-2 will be the main drive these days as it yields much more income.

I know we are at the cutting edge of technology here but it would be nice to know what the latest, will it be a spring / summer or 2007 release ?

Interested as ever up here on Tyneside but also wondering when we will be let into the real untapped power of this little black box :lol:

Cheers

Brian

KineticWill

Postby KineticWill » February 15th, 2006, 9:56 am

MikeC wrote:As someone who has his own business, I really don't understand the Kinetic silence, especially with such a strong and helpful bunch of existing and potential customers. Perhaps no one on the staff reads these posts anymore?

Unfortunately, at this point we can give any more information than we have previously given out. Sorry. (And yes, we do read them).
Will Howliston, Kinetic Avionic Products Limited
Lead developer, Basestation software

edgy31

Postby edgy31 » February 15th, 2006, 10:43 am

MikeC wrote:I really don't understand the Kinetic silence

One of the hazards of announcing a product while it is still being developed, is that it may never work, or make take longer than expected to release.

Which is why most companies don't do it.

Return to “News / Announcements”